Thick Garden Spaghetti Sauce (#1050)
Sauces Any American Italian Brunch Dinner Lunch Entrée Main Side Oils Vegetables Diabetic Low Carb Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy Boil Mild
Share This Recipe
- 2 large Onions chopped
- 2 medium Green Bell Peppers chopped
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 oz Mushrooms fresh
- 18 oz Tomato Paste 3 (6 oz) cans
- 1 16 ounce Canned Tomatoes whole, undrained, chopped
- 24 oz Tomato Sauce 3 (8 oz) cans
- 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Dill Weed
- 1 tsp Oregano fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 4 tablespoons Basil fresh, chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 Bay Leaves
- In large dutch oven, brown onions, green peppers, celery and garlic in hot oil until soft and browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bring to boil, and reduce heat to simmer for 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves and serve over pasta of choice, or use in any recipe that calls for spaghetti sauce.