5 Star Prime Rib Roast (#1049)
Roasts Any American Dinner Beef Entrée Main Protein Diabetic Gluten Free Kosher Low Calorie Low Carb Healthy Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 1 Prime Rib Roast any size
- 1 Several Garlic Cloves depending on size of roast. Peeled and cut in half
- 1 Kosher Salt to taste
- 1 Cheese Cloth depending on size of roast.
- 1 tooth picks as needed to secure cheese cloth
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Cut small slits all over the roast and place garlic halves in each one.
- Completely pack the roast in kosher salt, as much as it will hold (this is what keeps all those flavorful juices in).
- Completely wrap the roast in wet cheesecloth, using a toothpick to secure if necessary.
- Place roast on the rack of an oven pan and add about 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the pan. Place uncovered in the oven.
- For rare, bake for 20 minutes per pound.
- For medium, bake for 30 minutes per pound.
- For well done, bake for 40 minutes per pound.
- When done, place roast on cutting board and remove cheesecloth and salt.
- Let roast 'rest' for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing. This helps keep roast juicy.
- Serve with hot au jus or horseradish sauce.