Boston Baked Beans For 3 1/2 Qt. Crockpot (#1046)
Beans Any American Brunch Dinner Pork Entrée Main Oils Protein Vegetables Diabetic Gluten Free Low Fat Healthy Crock Pot Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 4 cups White Nothern Beans
- 1 Ham (1 1/2 lbs), honey ham
- 1 Onion whole, diced
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar plus three tablespoons
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 3 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Water hot
- Soak the beans overnight.
- In the morning, parboil them for 10 minutes with a teaspoon of baking soda added to the water.
- Drain and rinse beans with cold water and drain again.
- Oil sides of crockpot.
- Place onion in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add beans and ham bone.
- Mix remaining ingredients with enough hot water level that sits 1 inch below the beans.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours and remove ham bone.
- Remove ham pieces and dice, return to pot. (ham will measure about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of meat).
- Cook for 3 to 4 more hours on low.
- Avoid excessive stirring during cooking, or the beans will get very sticky.