Easy Crockpot Beef Stew (#1044)
Stews Vegetables Any American Dinner Beef Entrée Main Oils Protein Vegetables Healthy Gluten Wheat Crock Pot Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 2 slices Bacon chopped
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Pounds Stewing Beef cubed, trimmed
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 envelope Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tsp Rosemary Leaves dried
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 3 cups Water
- 3 cups Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups Rutabaga (Swede) peeled, cubed or squash
- 1 cup Baby Carrots
- 1 cup Peas, Frozen thawed or fresh
- Sprinkle the beef with flour and pepper. Brown the beef in batches in one tablespoon of oil.
- Add bacon to a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and cook until crisp. Discard fat.
- Remove to paper toweling and set aside.
- Add the stewing beef, bacon, remaining flour mixture, onion soup mix, rosemary, thyme, garlic, tomato paste and water to a crockpot.
- Cook covered on high,1 hour.
- Stir in potatoes, rutabaga and carrots.
- Cook 3 hours on high; or 7 hours on low or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in peas 10 minutes before serving.