Blueberry Crumb Cake (#1036)
Cakes Desserts Any American Dessert Snack Dessert Dairy Fruits Grains Oils Vegetarian Healthy Dairy Eggs Gluten Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups Blueberries
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter 1 1/2 sticks, (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Low-Fat Yogurt vanilla or plain
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice fresh
- Pre-heat oven to 400° f and butter a 10” spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss blueberries with lemon zest.
- In a food processor, combine 2 cups of flour with the sugar.
- Add butter to flour and sugar mixture and pulse until mixture resembles coarse corn meal. (you may mix by hand or by cutting butter into flour with a fork or pastry blender.)
- In a small bowl mix the remaining 1/4 cup flour and baking soda.
- Add to the remaining flour mixture left over after reserving 1 1/2 cups for topping. Pulse to combine.
- In a small bowl beat the egg, add yogurt and whisk together.
- Add egg mixture to dry flour mixture (not the Topping) and mix until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup of the blueberries and pour into spring form pan.
- Scatter remaining blueberries over the batter.
- *make clumps from the Topping mixture and place on top of the blueberries.
- Bake in middle rack of oven for 1 hour until toothpick comes out clean and crumbs are golden brown.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups above flour mixture and reserve for topping.