Sour Milk Devil's Food Cake (#1035)
Cakes Chocolate Desserts Any American Dessert Snack Dessert Dairy Grains Oils Vegetarian Dairy Eggs Gluten Lactose Intolerant Milk Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large Eggs well beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Alternating with 2nd mixture
- 1 cup Whey or sour milk
- Add dry ingredients alternately with whey or sour milk to first mixture.
- Blend thoroughly but lightly. Allow to stand a few minutes.
- Pour into well-oiled layer cake pans.
- Bake in moderate oven at 375° f (190° c) for about 20 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Add vanilla flavoring.
- In separate bowl sift flour with baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and salt.