Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese with Roasted Tomatoes (#1025)
Pastas Any American Brunch Dinner Lunch Entrée Main Cheese Dairy Grains Oils Vegetables Vegetarian Dairy Gluten Milk Wheat Bake Boil Mild
Share This Recipe
- 3 cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 Nonstick Cooking Spray as needed
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 oz Sourdough Bread torn into pieces
- 1 tsp Butter melted
- 12 oz Elbow Macaroni large
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese shredded extrashar
- 1/4 cup Liquid Egg Substitute or 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk low-fat
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place tomatoes in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- While tomatoes cook, place bread in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until crumbly.
- Toss crumbs with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on a baking sheet, and bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water 7 minutes; drain.
- Return macaroni to pan; place over medium-low heat.
- Add cheese and remaining ingredients; cook 4 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Sprinkle each serving with about 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs.