Quinoa, Blueberry and Yogurt Parfait (#1023)
Desserts Grains Nuts Snacks Any American Breakfast Brunch Dessert Dessert Dairy Fruits Grains Protein Diabetic Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy Dairy Gluten Nut Boil Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Yogurt plain
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh, and picked over
- 1/4 cup Almonds sliced and toasted
- Add quinoa and water into a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat with a lid on.
- Reduce heat to low to let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to sit for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a small bowl until well combined. Chill in fridge until ready to use.
- Fluff quinoa with fork, let cool in fridge or freezer until chilled.
- When quinoa is chilled, start to assemble parfait.
- Divide everything except almonds into 4 equal portions.
- Place first portion of quinoa on bottom of parfait dishes.
- Next pour first portion of yogurt over quinoa; sprinkle first portion with blueberries over yogurt.
- Repeat the same steps to make second layer of quinoa, yogurt and blueberries.
- Top each with toasted almonds.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Serve and enjoy.