Homemade Birthday Cake (#1022)
Cakes Any American Canadian Brunch Dessert Snack Dessert Grains Oils Diabetic Vegetarian Healthy Eggs Gluten Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Cake Flour sifted
- 6 whole Eggs separated
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 1/3 cups Sugar
- Sift the flour and baking powder. Three times.
- Melt butter in a small pan. Let cool.
- Separate egg whites and yolks .
- Beat egg white until white and frothy.
- Add sugar little by little; beating until sugar dissolves.
- Next add the egg yolks one at a time beating about 5 minutes.
- Add flour mixture, melted butter and vanilla to egg mixture by gently combining with rubber spatula.
- Pour sponge cake batter into 9 x 9 inch greased and floured baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 f and bake 25 minutes.
- The cake is ready when you can lightly press on it with your finger and if it is bounces back.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool, before decorating or icing.