Naan #1 (#1021)
Breads Any Indian Breakfast Brunch Lunch Side Dairy Grains Oils Low Calorie Vegetarian Healthy Dairy Eggs Gluten Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package Active Dry Yeast dry
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Water hot
- 1 cup Buttermilk or yogurt
- 1 Eggs room temp
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey or sugar
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour or half whole wheat and half white flour
- 1 Ghee clarified butter
- Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in water, buttermilk, egg, oil and honey.
- Beat until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Stir in remaining flour to form a soft, sticky dough. You may need more flour if the dough seems too sticky or runny.
- Turn onto a floured surface, continue to work in flour until dough is stiff enough to knead.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, but still soft (approx. 3 to 5 minutes).
- Place in an oiled bowl; turning once to coat top of dough.
- Cover; let rise until double in bulk (about 45 minutes).
- Punch dough down.
- Shape into 16 equal balls.
- Let rest 5 minutes. Roll out each ball to a 1/4 inch thick round.
- If desired, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with garnishes.
- Set on baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° f (230° c). For 5 to 8 minutes.