Maple Rice Pudding (#1020)
Desserts Nuts Puddings Any American Dessert Snack Dessert Dairy Fruits Grains Protein Low Fat Dairy Lactose Intolerant Milk Nut Wheat Boil Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 1 quart Skim Milk
- 2 cups Long Grain Rice cooked
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Orange Zest grated
- 1/3 cup Walnuts broken
- Combine the milk and rice in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the mixture boils and thickens, stirring occasionally, 40 to 60 minutes, or reaches desired consistency.
- Stir in 1/3 cup maple syrup and cook 10 minutes more.
- Add the orange zest and vanilla exact.
- Pour into 4 (8-ounce) dessert bowls or custard cups; then allow to cool at room temperature, or chilled in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, heat the walnuts in a small heavy frying pan over low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the syrup boils and coats the walnuts, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle over puddings.