Melt in Your Mouth Blueberry Cake (#1012)
Cakes Desserts Fruits Any Easter Spring Summer American Dessert Snack Appetizer Side Dessert Dairy Fruits Grains Oils Vegetarian Healthy Dairy Eggs Gluten Milk Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 2 large Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour sifted
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberries
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter, add salt and vanilla, add the remaining sugar and egg yolks.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix the flour and baking powder, add alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the egg white mixture and the blueberries.
- Grease a 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Pour in the batter and sprinkle the top with granulated sugar.
- Bake in a 350° f (180° c) oven for about 50 minutes or until it tests done.