Warm Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes, Greens and Goat Cheese (#1011)
Oils Pastas Salads Any American Italian Brunch Dinner Lunch Main Grains Oils Vegetables Heart Healthy Low Calorie Low Carb Vegetarian Dairy Wheat Bake Boil Mild
Share This Recipe
- 1 Shallots thinly sliced, 1 medium or 2 small
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds Cherry Tomatoes cut halved lengthwise, or vine-ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Black pepper to taste
- 1 Cayenne Pepper as needed
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic thinly sliced, large clove
- 16 oz Pasta, Bow-Tie (Farfalle) or other pasta, 1 pound
- 5 cups Mixed Salad Greens such as baby spinach and arugula
- 2/3 cup Goat Cheese (Chevre) crumbled, about 5 ounces
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- In a small bowl, mix together the shallots and 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, remaining olive oil, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, vinegar, and garlic, gently toss them all together until well combined.
- Place the tomatoes onto a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- Spread the shallots over the tomatoes.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 38 minutes, until the tomatoes started shriveling and the shallots start browning at the edges. During the roasting no need to stir. Allow to cool for 5 to 6 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the roasting is finished, start to cook pasta according to the direction on the package.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot.
- Stir in mixed greens until the leaves are wilted.
- Add roasted tomatoes, shallots and garlic slices into the pot with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Mix until well combined. Divide among the serving plates.
- Serve warm and top with crumbled goat cheese.