Heirloom Beets, Warm Goat Cheese, Arugula with Green Olive Vinaigrette (#1010)
Breads Oils Salads Any American Brunch Dinner Lunch Entrée Main Side Oils Vegetables Diabetic Low Fat Vegan Vegetarian Healthy Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 cup Bread Cubes, Dry plain
- 2 1/4 tsp Thyme freshly minced
- 2 1/4 tsp Rosemary Leaves freshly minced
- 4 oz Goat Cheese (Chevre) 1 small log, cut into 6 equal rounds
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 small Garlic Cloves freshly minced or pressed, or 1 medium
- 3 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar red or white
- 1/3 cup Green Olives up to 1/2 cup pitted and finely chopped
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Black Pepper to taste
- 5 cups Arugula (Roquette) baby arugula, loosely packed, 4 large bunches
- 1 pound Beets heirloom, roasted, sliced in advance
- Position the rack to the center of the oven, then preheat the oven to 375° f (190° c).
- Add the bread crumbs and 1 teaspoon each of the thyme and rosemary to a shallow plate, and toss until evenly mixed.
- Brush 2 tablespoons of olive oil all over the goat cheese rounds and gently press both sides and edges into the bread crumb mixture to coat evenly with bread crumb mixture (this step can be finished up to 1 hour before serving and chilled on a baking sheet in the fridge until ready to bake).
- Add the garlic, vinegar, olives, remaining thyme and rosemary, salt, and black pepper to taste into a small bowl, and whisk until well blended.
- Slowly pour in 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and whisk until well mixed.
- In a shallow bowl, dress the beets with 1/2 of the dressing and set aside to marinate. Reserve the other half to dress for the arugula.
- Just before serving, bake the prepared goat cheese rounds in the preheated oven until warmed up and a few brown spots appear, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the vinaigrette again, in a large bowl toss the arugula lightly with the vinaigrette until evenly coated. Do not over dress.
- Divide the mixed greens among 6 serving plates. Top with marinated sliced beets.
- Place one warm goat cheese round on top of each salad. Season with a grinding of fresh black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.