Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake (#1007)
Cheesecakes Chocolate Desserts Any American Greek Brunch Dessert Lunch Snack Appetizer Hors d'oeuvre Dairy Fruits Grains Dairy Eggs Gluten Lactose Intolerant Milk Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 8 1/2 oz Chocolate Wafers finely crushed
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 12 oz Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet)
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 16 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 4 large Eggs one at a time
- 3/4 cup Liqueur cherry, flavor
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pound Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream optional
- In large bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter.
- Pat fimly into 9-inch springform pan, covering bottom and 2 1/2 inches up sides.
- Preheat oven to 325° f (160° c).
- Combine over hot (not boiling) water, chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Stir until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, beating untl creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add chocolate mixture, cherry liqueur, and vanilla, mix until blended.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° f (160° c) for 60 minutes.
- Turn oven off.
- Let stand in oven with door ajar 1 hour.
- Remove, cool completely.
- Chill 24 hours.
- Spread cherry pie filling over top of cheesecake leaving 1-inch from the edge.
- Decorate edge with whipped cream, if desired.