Barley Buttermilk Corn Bread (#1006)
Breads Any Cinco de Mayo Mardi Gras American Cuban Mexican Tex-Mex Texas Brunch Lunch Snack Appetizer Side Grains Oils Vegetables Vegetarian Healthy Dairy Eggs Gluten Lactose Intolerant Milk Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Cornmeal blue or yellow
- 1/2 cup Pearl Barley pre-cooked bits-o-barley
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt optional
- 1 Eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/3 cup Onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels canned
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Mix the cornmeal, bits-o-barley, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add the egg, oil, buttermilk, honey, onion and corn and mix only until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn into a well-oiled and heated large iron skillet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until well browned.
- Cut in wedges and serve hot.