Blueberry Coffee Cake (#1002)
Cakes Desserts Frostings Fruits Nuts Any American Dessert Snack Tea Hors d'oeuvre Fruits Low Fat Dairy Eggs Gluten Milk Nut Tree Nuts Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk nonfat
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon peel, grated (yellow only)
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour or whole wheat
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberries unsweetened, frozen or fresh
For The Topping
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400° f (200° c).
- Position rack in the center of the oven.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, milk, yogurt, oil and lemon peel.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into the liquid ingredients.
- Using a fork, stir very lightly, just until ingredients are combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into an 8 or 9 inch baking pan coated with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake at 400° f (200° c) for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the baking pan on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.